All product names mentioned herein are registered trademarks of the respective holders. Information in this document is subject to change with written notice. No part of this document shall be reproduced, in any form or by any means, other than for professional use, without the expressed written permission of BlueBin.
What information do we collect?
When logging onto our BlueQ applications (analytics or SmartScan), or when we receive business contact information from various marketing events we organize or participate in, we may collect individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, user IDs and passwords. We also may collect additional data about your organization as provided in our customer agreement(s) with your organization.
How we use the information we collect?
We use the Personal Information (and if applicable, your organization’s data) for legitimate business purposes only, such as:
- Your Personal Information will NOT be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any company outside BlueBin Inc. for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
- Your information helps us to respond more effectively to your customer service requests and support needs.
- We continually strive to improve our site and application offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To perform development, research, technical diagnostics, corrective actions and analytics with regard to the BlueQ applications, to improve and enhance the BlueBin system and BlueQ applications (and the underlying software).
- To aggregate your organization’s data and to disclose such data solely in aggregate or other de-identified form to third parties in connection with our business (to the extent provided in our customer agreement(s) with your organization).
- We may disclose Personal Information, or any information you submitted via our software products if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
We use the Personal Information only to the extent required and while maintaining your right to privacy.
We strive to keep your Personal Information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to maintain data integrity. We will provide you with access to your information when reasonable, or in accordance with relevant laws, including making reasonable efforts to provide you with online access and the opportunity to change your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your data. Requests to delete Personal Information are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations. To access and/or correct information, you can do so online or notify us via the appropriate method below.
With whom we share the information we collect?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer Personal Information to outside. We use third parties, such as cookies* and trackers, to compile aggregate data about site traffic, to assist us in better understanding our site visitors and so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
* Cookies are small data files transferred to your computer’s hard drive by a website. They keep a record of your preferences making your subsequent visits to the site more efficient. Cookies may store a variety of information, including the number of times that you access a site, registration information and the number of times that you view a particular page or other item on the site. Most browser are designed to accept cookies but they can be easily modified to block cookies. See your browser’s help files for details on how to block cookies, how to know when you have received cookies and how to disable cookies completely.
How long do we retain the information we collect?
BlueBin will retain your information for two (2) years, or longer if we see that you are still actively using a BlueQ application. At any time, you may request to view, change and update your Personal Information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org You can also request that we will cease processing, correct errors or that we will erase Personal Information by emailing us at email@example.com.
How do we safeguard and transfer your information?
We are committed to use our reasonable efforts, in accordance with market best practices, to ensure the security, confidentially and integrity of the Personal Information you choose to provide us. Access to the Personal Information is based on the ‘least to know’ concept together with role-based access control systems, ensuring only authorized access to the Personal Information. To protect the privacy of any Personal Information you may have provided, we are using data hosts who implement market best practice security measures. Although we take steps to safeguard such information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access. If a password is used to help protect your accounts and Personal Information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
What are your rights?
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime and request:
- To access, delete, change or update any personal data relating to you (for example, if you believe that your Personal Information is incorrect, you may ask to have it corrected);
- That we will cease any further use of your Personal Information
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Information, you can contact us as set forth below.
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are above the age of 18. In the event that we become aware that a user under the age of 18 has shared any Personal Information, we will discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any Personal Information with us, please contact us at email@example.com.